Anyone else procrastinate on making your Easter treats? I forgot that I signed up to take cookies to a church event, so I threw these pretties together after putting the Itty Bitty down last night.
Pretty impressive huh? The best part is you can probably make some variation of these with items already in your pantry!
You will need:
- Rice Krispie Treats (I had the ingredients for homemade, but I’m sure the boxed ones will work just as well.)
- Almond Bark
- Sandwich Baggie
- Sprinkles (optional)
- If you’re making them from scratch, mix up the rice krispie treats according to the directions on the box and press them into a 13×9 pan
- -or- if using packaged treats, cut in half
- Cut when cool into smallish rectangles
- Shape each one into an egg by covering your hands with a piece of wax paper so it doesn’t stick to your hands
- Melt almond bark, set aside a portion to color if you want to decorate with two colors
- Dip the eggs into the almond bark and let dry on a wire cooling rack (place a sheet of foil or paper towel underneath to catch any drippings)
- Spoon colored almond bark into a baggie and cut off one bottom corner
- Decorate to your fancy